The Rhino Charger is a 31-foot on the waterline (34-foot overall length) Island Hopper powered by a 450hp turbo diesel Cummings engine in pristine condition. With a top speed of 30 knots, the Rhino Charger can reach Costa Rica’s Continental Shelf in thirty minutes. Custom designed in 2005, the American built Rhino Charger sports a tremendous 12.5-foot beam, which translates into smooth dry rides. The huge open fishing cockpit provides plenty of room for everyone.
The Rhino Charger is the only boat in the Tamarindo fleet equipped with a fly bridge. The fly bridge and covered cockpit provide plenty of cool shade in which to relax. Below deck a V berth cabin and head (bathroom) ensure everyone is comfortable. Extremely stable and able to safely withstand anything the sea can dish out, the Rhino Charger is as tough as her name.
U.S. owned and operated, the Rhino Charger is equipped with state of the art and maintained to U.S. Coast Guard standards. Landing a large marlin or giant Tuna is always a possibility. We make sure you have the equipment you need to land your dream catch. Below is a list of the Rhino Charger’s tackle:
Gear and Equipment
- Shimano 30 lb. to 50 lb. stand up tackle.
- Shimano Tiagra 30’s, 50’s, and 80’s sit down rigs.
- Marlin Chair – Release Marine Fighting Chair.
- Down riggers and outriggers.
- Transom door for those big ones.
- Dive platform.
- Dual Faruno GPS and Dual Faruno fish finders.
- VHF radios.
- Enclosed tower with full electronics.
- Chart plotters, auto pilot, global positioning emergency locator, on board international and local telephones.